I really do. I would totally eat there all the time if it didn’t lighten my wallet by $30 every time we went. Because of my obsession I had to learn to somewhat recreate the meal I heart the most at home. The chicken burrito bowl.
I like mine with cilantro rice, black beans, chicken, corn salsa, cheese, and sour cream. Yum. Most of those are pretty easy, the cilantro rice is currently the only thing stumping me.
Here’s a tip to make your meal even cheaper – You can buy rice and beans from the bulk bins at Sprouts way cheaper than just about anywhere else!
In honor of my love of Chipotle, here’s a recipe for corn salsa.
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and chill until serving, best overnight. You can also eliminate the jalapenos if you so desire!