It’s Friday and that alone bears celebrating! Yay!
So, we’ve made it to day 6. Here’s some thoughts as we near the end of the first week of Whole 30:
- Party Boy is chickened out. The man is ready for some other form of protein. It’s not that we’ve had a ton of chicken. And not in the same form. There’s been shredded chicken in his lunch salads, but that’s hardly the star of the show. Anyway, I am going to plan some other sources of protein to mix it up next week.
- I went to bed with a pretty terrible head ache on Tuesday. I got up after tossing and turning for a couple of hours and took some Tylenol (Whole 30 asks that you stay away from NSAIDs if possible – doctors orders trump Whole 30 of course! – so while Advil is my usual go-to, Tylenol worked just fine.) and laid back down. The headache subsided and I slept pretty well after that.
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday in the afternoon we would both just start to d.r.a.g. I can only speak for myself in severity, but I could hardly keep my eyes open. Thursday was way better, with absolutely no lag in the afternoon. Hoping that becomes a habit, because in the past I would usually go grab coffee or a snack to keep going. I’d love to give that horrible habit up!
- I haven’t really had a physical need to snack, except for a couple of times. Once, I just ignored the cues and waited til my next meal – dinner. That was probably a mistake as I was CRANKY by the time dinner was ready. The next time it happened I chose to have a piece of fruit and a little bit of almond butter. I made it to dinner much easier, without the crankiness.
- I am not leaving much left behind at mealtimes. But I also don’t go back for seconds. I am full after the first plate of food – half the plate with veggies, a bit of protein, and a healthy fat. No seconds needed. And usually my plate is pretty clean.
- On that note, we went to Le Madeleine for dinner on Wednesday. Me and a couple of my friends meet for Wednesday dinner every week (or as often as we can). Le Madeleine will make you an omelette anytime, so that’s what I got. It came with a croissant the size of my face, but I passed that off to Chaos. I had like three bites of omelette on my plat when one of the busboys came by and asked if he could take my plate. Ummmm, no. I want every bite thankyouverymuch. Resisted the urge to slap his hand away.
- We are on our 7th carton of eggs this week. So, I bought the kids cereal. It’s the lowest sugar cereal that I thought they would actually eat. So far, so good. And it cut our egg consumption considerably.
- I have slept SOOOOO GOOOD the past couple of nights. Like, fall into bed, fall asleep in less than 10 minutes sleep. I can’t even remember having that happen without some serious outside all day in the sun work days. So nice. And I wake up easier too.
And that about wraps it up. I am working on a Whole 30 Food Diary that I will publish tomorrow and update with everything that we’ve eaten this month as we go through it.